Dublin, March 19, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Global Market Conditions, Vaccines, Trials & Potential Treatments” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This market brief is focused on a new, emerging global epidemic, the ongoing eruption of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The brief features:
- Worldwide health statistics
- Market competitors developing COVID-19 vaccines
- Vaccine development timelines
- Analysis of the worldwide clinical trial landscape – all approaches, including vaccines, drugs, and living therapies
- Analysis of stem cells clinical trials for COVID-19 using stem cells
- Coverage of market competitors involved COVID-19 treatment technologies
- Descriptions of stem cell companies who have announced an intent to develop therapies for the treatment of COVID-19
The virus responsible for the disease is also known as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 and abbreviated as SARS-CoV-2. The eruption started in China on December 29, 2019, and by March 2020 it was reported that it had spread to several countries across the world.
In the final days of 2019, Chinese doctors identified a number of similar cases of pneumonia in the city of Wuhan in China. Wuhan is the capital city of Hubei Province in China accommodating 11 million inhabitants. Soon, it was discovered that the disease was caused by a new strain of the virus which was named SARS-CoV-2.
The Latin word ‘corona’ means ‘crown’ and these viruses look